Sunday, April 25, 2010

IST is done. It was quiet a blast, informative, and I think it really gave people motivation and guidance for work at site. To celebrate the end of IST we went out to Senegambia for some relaxation. (not that getting a full day at the Sheraton wasn't relaxing enough).

Here are some high/low lights from the night.

High: Discount drinks. I know the PC gets a bad rap for our affections towards drinking but we go on long stints at site without any indulgence so when we have a day off, working power, and good friends we make sure to enjoy ourselves.

Low: glass getting knocked out of my hand, shattering, and getting a bunch of little cuts on my foot.

High: a Susan Boyle esk woman at karaokee who really made the night wonderful. Her cheesy songs allowed me to shout supportive comments like "you tell that man!" in a southern gospel church style.

Low: Weird young Euro guys who tried to take a picture of me when I was dancing with one of them. Not ok young man, not ok.

High: Singing Bohemian Rhaspody and Fever. The first was done by me and 4 excited friends. The latter was my attempt at being classy.

Low: A drunk man yelling at us because we wouldn't give him our numbers. He was a lively, and hated the Peace Corps, or at least thought that giving us a mouth full would somehow fix the situation.

So now we are being freed into the infinitey of the rest of our service. I have a lot of good ideas about what to do, the hard part is just starting them. I guess the rough part is getting through the first year but even that doesn't seem to be too long. I have 3 months here, 2 weeks back home, and then 5 months until my first year is up. But first, gotta get back into the heat and try to start my school education program.

No comments:

Post a Comment