Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One last quick update before I go up-country.

Now seems like a good time to go over my site situation.

I live in the URR (Upper River Region). This region is the farthest away from the capital and gets the most extreme weather. My place is a circle house with a grass roof and a big backyard area. The family I am living with is small by Gambian standards (grandma, host dad, 2 host moms, 4 kids, and 3 adopted kids) with my host dad driving a van and my host moms gardening. My village is big (about 55 compounds) and is about an hours bike ride from Basse (the other city in Gambia). I'm going to be working on an education program in village and possibly work on a English as Second Language program. So far though, I am mostly working on language and trying to get my barrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment